Thanks to an idea put forward by capgrasman
on Twitter I put together this article to support artists at this important time. The impact of
the coronavirus (COVID-2019) pandemic means many concerts/gigs/events have been or will be cancelled. For many smaller/independent artists touring is a primary source of income and these cancellations
adversely affect such artists. In addition, many smaller artists had day jobs which have now gone or been drastically reduced. So I put this page (https://www.cybernoise.com/article/cn/covid19_support_these_artists.php - short URL = https://bit.ly/38IUxoD) together to help such artists. This
page is specifically for those artists involved in the electronic, IDM, synth-pop, industrial, ambient, coldwave, EDM, drone, experimental music scenes. It will be updated
and added to regularly so please do keep coming back if you can spare some money.
What does this page show?
Smaller/independent artists that have had to cancel concerts/gigs/events because of the coronavirus (COVID-2019) pandemic. Each artist is listed on this page with links to that artist in our database + links to buy their music on iTunes, Amazon and Bandcamp (where available) + links to stream their music on Apple Music / Amazon Music (where available) + a showcase box for their latest "studio album" (where available).
I'm an artist in this sitation - how do I get listed on this page?
- Check whether you are already listed in our database - if you are not, register for free and add yourself
NOTE: Make sure you add your Apple/iTunes artist ID and Amazon artist ID details if your music is available on those platforms, so that they appear automatically in the list below.
- Check that your latest studio album is listed in our database - if it is not, add it to our database - if your album
is not easily available online e.g. iTunes/Amazon/Bandcamp we will need a high-resolution image of the album artwork
NOTE: Make sure the event's 'Release type' is set as "Album" and "Studio Album" is set as 'Yes' so that it is showcased in the list below. Also, make sure you add the album's Apple/iTunes album ID and Amazon ASIN ID details if the album is available on those platforms.
- Contact us with your artist name as it appears in our database and if you have a Bandcamp page let us know the URL so
that we can add the link
- Give us some time to get everything checked out and then we'll add you to this page
NOTE: The decision whether you will be listed on this page is ours and ours alone. Failure to provide the information required as listed above will mean you will not get listed. If we consider
you, as an artist, are big/have label/financial support you may not get listed on this page - it is primarily for smaller/independent artists.
I'd like to help by buying something. What do you recommend?
We recommend the following in order of priority/what is best for the artist:
- Buy something directly from the artist via Bandcamp - click on the artist's name below and then click on the "Bandcamp" icon under the "LEGALLY BUY THIS ARTIST'S MUSIC NOW:" heading in the "Sponsored" column of the table or use the Bandcamp icon/link by their latest studio album showcase section lower down this page.
- Buy something directly from the artist via the artist's own online store (if they have one) - click on the artist's name below, click on the "Official Web Site" link under the "CONTACT INFORMATION:" heading and check the artist's web site for a store/shop link.
- Buy something by the artist via Amazon - click on the Amazon icon below.
- Buy something by the artist via Apple iTunes - click on the iTunes Store icon below.
- Stream LOTS by the artist via Apple Music / Amazon Music - click on the relevant icon below.
Please Support The Following Artists In This Difficult Time